Meet PickMyLaundry, the technology-based app that washes your clothes

At the Chindia TMT Dialogue Conference 2017 in Beijing last week, AllChinaTech interviewed some of the hottest startups in India. Here is the story of PickMyLaundry:


Founded in: 2015

Founder: Gaurav Agrawal

Financing status: Angle financing

PickMyLaundry founder Gaurav Agrawal. By AllChinaTech

PickMyLaudry is an on-demand washing and dry cleaning startup in India.

“We are a laundry tech company. We have a mobile app and website, through which our customers can place orders. We have our logistics network, and a network of washing units, through which we process the garments,” Agrawal told AllChinaTech.

Washing is done both in-house and outsourced. As the company has recently acquired Oneclickwash, a laundry company, 30% of washing is done in-house; the remaining 70% is outsourced, according to Agrawal. The pricing is about RMB 15 for 10 clothes, according to Agrawal.

Screenshots of PickMyLaundry app.
Screenshots of PickMyLaundry app. Photo from PickMyLaundry.

For the moment, the startup has more than 20,000 users in four out of eight first-tier Indian cities, targeting working professionals, housewives and SOHO workers.

PickMyLaudry’s weapon is speed: it delivers clothes within 48 hours. It works in an aggregated model with a big supply chain, which makes up a majority of the company’s 75-person team.

It also uses technology to decide which clothes are sent to which laundry shop, how long is required for the store to finish the job, and what volume of laundry the startup is giving to the store.

(Top photo from

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

© 2022 All Tech Asia. All Rights Reserved.

AllTechAsia is a startup media platform dedicated to providing the hottest news, data service and analysis on the tech and startup scene of Asian markets in English. Contact us:

%d bloggers like this: